Essential Functions Statement(s)
· Provides hands-on dental care while achieving the highest levels of appropriateness, quality, efficiency, accessibility and responsiveness;
· Utilizes current standards of care for diagnostic and treatment techniques;
· Performs diagnostic, preventive, periodontal, endodontic, oral surgery, restorative and adjunctive dental procedures for patients in accordance with their routine and urgent/emergent needs
· Delegates and refers care as appropriate;
· Follows established departmental policies and procedures, continuous quality improvement objectives and safety, environmental and/or infection control standards;
· Administers anesthetics and prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications and treatment regimens as provided in State Health Laws, Rhode Island Dental Practice Act, and DEA regulations;
· Maintains necessary credentialing, licensure and continuing education requirements;
· Assists in the provision of school-based dental exams for Chariho Regional School system;
· Records thoroughly and accurately all procedures performed in patient’s electronic dental record;
· Participates in professional development by attending programs, workshops, in-services, and departmental meetings as required;
· Provides after-hours on-call coverage;
· Supervises, coaches, trains, and mentors’ staff within functional areas of responsibility;
· Becomes proficient with the navigation of NextGen Practice Management, Electronic Health Record, and Electronic Dental Record;
· Enliven and support the mission, vision and values of WRHS; and
· Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
· DDS or DMD degree from an accredited U.S. Dental School; foreign graduates must demonstrate similar competencies and equivalent training.
· Active license to practice dentistry in the state of Rhode Island
· Valid DEA license to prescribe narcotics.
· Current BLS/AED certification.
· Knowledge of not-for-profit organizations preferred, but not necessary.
· Excellent clinical and communication skills essential.
· Cultural sensitivity necessary to work with a diverse patient and staff population.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please put the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Wood River Health Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in our employment practices based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, sexual orientation or veterans’ status. We are actively seeking a diverse array of candidates.